we prove ourselves
[html]

If you could only see the beast you’ve made of me
I held it in but now it seems you’ve set it running free

Word Count → 437 :: I kind of assumed how Jacinto and Sparrow ended up together, so if you want to change it, Ess, just shoot me a PM. <3

A moon, a whole cycle had pasted since Salsola and Inferni had dispatched the Boreas wolves and their camp, and it only took that short amount of time for Sparrow to calm down and be lulled into believing that the threat was over. That she could finally settle into peace that she had sought for. There was not a single sniff of any wolf near the borders whenever she walked around them, nor did she find anyone that seemed to be swayed by the wolves’ preaches, better yet never heard a word about them. It had been quiet long enough for her to slip a mental weight that had been lying on her chest, though her reminder remained hanging around her neck in a form of a broken cross.

It was in that tentative peace did she allow herself to skip the trip to the Mansion that she usually took to gather a bow, just for that one day. The day was beautiful, still ripe with the sun hanging in the sky, and she had decided to leave the weapon with the rest of the storage, and simply relax. Soon enough, she came across another clan member, a male with a ginger mane. He, whom named himself a Jacinto Lykoi, was a friendly man, and finding his company enjoyable, she invited him to walk around the borders with her. Not to scout, or to wander the boundaries with fear in her heart for what she could met, but to simply walk around Inferni’s edges and talk.

Their conversation was easy enough, some sharing of words here and there, and it never reached an awkward point like most of Sparrow’s talks went. Sometimes they were comfortable silent, and it was in one of those pauses that she felt a stir within her. She had been looking over at the distant landscape when something seemed… off to her, but at first she could not place it and let it slide for a moment longer since she did not wanted to worry over nothing. But, it persisted, and the coywolf found her scenting the area, and smelled something pungent on the gently breeze.

She wanted to ignore it, but again her instinct told her something was wrong. Again, she gave into the worry, and slowed to a small stop, motioning for her company to do so as well. “Do you smell that?” she asked the male with a leveled tone, not allowing her rising tension to show through her voice. “I scent… something.” She tried to act as nonchalant as possible, but the slight smell was starting to bother her.

<style>
.sparrowaly-howl {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.sparrowaly-howl p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-howl p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-howl .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparrowaly-howl p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.sparrowaly-howl b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
The saints can’t help me now, the ropes have been unbound
I hunt for you with bloody feet across the hallowed ground

[/html]

Messages In This Thread