If I only knew how to pull myself apart
[html]
Ooc.

Her eyes remained on the male before her, and her face changed into an angry glare when he snapped at the bird, >”Stop teasing my owl,” she snapped at him. She walked over to the former bench where the bird was perched before, and let him hop back up there before she jumped up on the bench herself. She sat there, looking down at Malakai on the ground, ”Yeah, well I try to make myself scarce most of the time.” She didn’t want to share her business with this stranger, even though he was a pack member. She didn’t trust her own kind, and it was sad to think she would trust someone of a different pack before she would trust a wolf from her own.

”I bet Naniko doesn’t mention a lot of things. I am one of four pups of my litter: me, Caprica, Lucia, and Harlowe. Harlowe’s dead, though, and Lucia’s gone somewhere. Caprica is one of Anathema.” Maybe if she mentioned her mighty siblings, he would back off a bit more. ”My sister’s fur is black, too. Our father’s fur was a lot of different shades, but none were black. I don’t know where I got my dark fur from.” Harlowe was the only one who had fur that resembled Ehno’s. Lucia had white fur, cream almost, and it resembled Naniko’s. Her and Caprica were the only oddballs of the family, and Rio was glad she wasn’t the only one different. She had a buddy.

”What about you? Your family all had dark fur like you?” She knew it was impossible to not have variety in a litter, but one never knew. The world was endless with possibilities, and she always tried to expect the unexpected. Rio reclined to a laying position, facing Malakai off the bench. Her front paws hung off of the side of the bench, and her back paws hung off of the front. Her owl was perched on the back of the bench behind her, watching the wolf with distrustful eyes. It’s wing still hurt badly, and the discomfort was plain on its features.

Word Count: 351

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly21 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7fa1c1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #dcdfe5; }
.freebjuly21 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly21 {margin:0 auto; width:485px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KV9WB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0cc; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485c6f; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread