One foot in front of the other
That enthusiasm was what she wanted to see, the spark that would smoulder until it burst into flames and consumed every inch of self doubt. She laughed as Keldava unwisely tried to attempt the stances she had just demonstrated and flapped her arm comically to stay standing. Her eyes crinkled with mirth, her sharp teeth glinting in the light. Now that they had gotten over the self confidence issue at least for now anyways Jace was ready to start instructing even though her foot protested its unwillingness to continue she mentally threw her leg the bird and stooped down picking up the two sticks she had brought with herself.

She handed one to Keldava and then stepped away from her so that their sticks would not strike each other,

"The key to everything is balance and poise. An opponent can be larger, stronger and have a better weapon but without balance you might as well just stab yourself through the heart and get the fight over with. There are many different ways to learn this balance. To some people it comes an naturally as though they were feline, but for others; you and me its harder." She was repeating herself a lot to make sure the message and lesson sunk in,

"The way I learned was through intense and trying battle where you hardly have time to raise your weapon and block never mind think in any reasoning manner. My teachers were the best of the best, if an arctic wolf ever offers to teach you martial arts or any kind of survival training, never say no, unless of course they ask for something in return that you cannot give them. I guarantee you a broken promise like that will result in your demise. Now.." Suddenly her whole demeanor changed, she became inconceivably cold and her voice was almost harsh as she barked out an order,

"Student! Defend yourself!" Without any other warning than that Jace lunged forwards, swinging around her staff at about half power.

Messages In This Thread