[m] [aw] you'll be free, child, once you have died
[html]

art by crypsis

Having little experience with children, let alone girls, his own age, Max was unsure of how to behave or if he should even behave in a certain way. He had never been given any real advice by Ezekiel, and couldn’t actually recall ever seeing his mentor with a girl, let alone flirting with one. He debating asking him about this later, then recalled the last time he had done so and let it go. Zeke had been downright aggressive and complained about how women weren’t worth the trouble. Naturally, Max assumed he was talking about Talitha and he really didn’t want to get into that with him.

His eyes lit up as she spoke, seemingly impressed with his wound. “I did,” he said, a bit too quickly. “Two of them, actually. The one that did this got me first, but it was the last thing he did.” There was a manic sort of gleam in his eyes, talking about it. Max had been told to act like a monster, and oh, he had. He let his eyes fall to the horse, then back to her body, though he was quick to adjust this and focus on her horse again as if realizing he had done something wrong. “I think she’s prettier,” Max concluded. “And you should be happy you don’t have any scars, they would ruin your fur.” It was a fumbling compliment, and one he hoped she didn’t take the wrong way. Inferni certainly saw some value in the scars, though he was certain she wasn’t a warrior.

<style>
#maxpose {
font-family:'georgia', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#maxpose p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#maxpose p.maxImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#maxpose .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:11px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#maxpose .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#maxpose b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#maxpose u { text-decoration: underline; }
#maxpose b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread