Alone?
She heard her before she saw her, the rhythmic two-step advance of the ivory leader as she made her way towards the boarder. Sterling instinctively withdrew, keeping a good ten feet between the two of them. It wouldn't make much of a difference but it gave her a sense of comfort. Her ears slanted back slightly as she replied, "I was--am, looking for a... place of residence. My search brought me here. I sincerely hope that I'm not intruding, and that this is not too much on an inconvenience for you."

She watched with acute curiosity, studying every inch of this stranger who claimed to be in charge of a much larger grouping. This was her first time interacting with anyone of the same species since her mother passed away. She swallowed hard, throat so dry that it felt as if she'd just drunk sand. This may be a new start, she thought as a small candle of hope was lit within, growing as she imagined the many possibilities; maybe there was an entire pack, like a family, waiting just out of view; all the food you could imagine; meadows as large and peaceful as they come; a city full of life, perhaps. But suddenly that little flame was swallowed up by the gaping maw of despair and paranoia. What if this wolf, although she didn't look it, decided to kill her? What if her journey ended here. What if this was the last thing she'd see, do, feel...

Within moments she'd felt and thought so many things, and it left her insides trembling, though her visage remained steeled from her internal conflicts. Her tail drooped slightly, a mere precaution, to diminish any possible threat that she may have presented.

Messages In This Thread