Alone?
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

She looked around sharply, trying to discern whether the female was alone or if she had brought anyone else with her. Naniko was not a canine who was quick to trust, especially with the events that had happened that morning. Still, she hoped that she didn't look too fearsome to this outsider. There were a few gentler souls out there, and it took all kinds to make a pack. She was certain that she hadn't gotten all of the blood off of her, despite her thorough washing. It would take a few days to get that faint red color from her pelt.

The sound of footsteps behind her made her turn away from the female before she could answer. She would not leave her back to her, though, and only turned enough to where she could see behind her. "Who's there?" She demanded. Another canine stepped from the brush, the very large gray form of her youngest son. He came to her in his lupus form, giving a few small yips of excitement and greeting. His tail remained tucked between his legs, a sign of respect to his mother and pack leader as he approached. A pink tongue came out to wash her hand, and she patted him on the head. "My son. How was the hunt?"

Hunting was something that the boy had been struggling with for a long time, though he was now a full adult of the pack. He whined slightly, ears going back. "Nothing, mother. I didn't catch a thing." His silver eyes stared at the ground now in shame, but she shook her head. "You won't always. We can speak of this at another time, Severus...we have a newcomer in our midst." She looked to her son once more, gesturing him forward. He needed practice at addressing newcomers, and today would be his day. The lanky wolf kept his distance from Sterling as she had from them, looking nervously between her and his mother. "What's your name, stranger? I'm Severus. D-Do you have any skills that would benefit the pack? Like me...I'm not very good at hunting...but I can do other things to help out"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread