Alone?
Once again, curiosity overtook the brunt of her emotions and her ears perked. Shuffling her paws briefly, she spoke, voice a bit less soft but nonetheless submissive, "My name is Sterling, it is a great pleasure to meet you, Serverus." She paused, mulling over any special "talent" she might posses. "I've been able to support myself for quite some time... I'm not an atrocious hunter, I suppose I'm able to make more or less attractive jewelry..." she said, voice a little higher than a whisper.
She studied Serverus, noting how conscious he was of his lower ranking than his mother. It was almost amusing, to see someone so welcome be so weary. It also made her even more suspicious of how strict Naniko's leadership was. The pink hue to the female's coat had initially frightened her, blood no doubt. She wondered if it belonged to the last trespasser they'd dealt with.

Her ears twitched as she became aware that they were forwarded, and nonchalantly she lowered them, another gesture of passiveness. She watched Serverus intently, though she remained more alert to the leader's presence than the young adult. Her muscles seemed to spasm with anxiety. Every second dragged painfully on. She could almost cringe at the overwhelming anticipation she felt. Had she said enough? Would her skills permit her to stay? She prayed this wouldn't come down to a fight, judging the distance between she and they she determined with absolution that she wouldn't have enough time to turn and outrun them, especially since they new the layout of the land--though she already had a general escape route. When you're as paranoid as Sterling, you always have some sort of a fall back plan.

Messages In This Thread