street's like a jungle
[html]
[/html]Wraith had never seen Val this angry before. Wraith didn’t think that Val could say anything to a packmember when she was at their borders. If Wraith found someone at Inferni’s borders, she knew that she could hurt them because they were nothing in Inferni. But now the roles were reversed, so did that mean that this weird white puppy could hurt them because they were nothing to Anathema? Wraith didn’t want to think about it, but she was worried that Val would upset Aeron. Her mother was still a warrior and even if they didn’t get along, Wraith knew what it meant to be a warrior. She still respected the trade.

When Wraith asked who the puppy was, she was worried for a second that Val wanted to eat it. She snapped before Aeron was able to reply and Wraith could tell that Val was getting angrier and angrier by the second. Wraith watched as Aeron sighed in reply (it was as if Val didn’t even scare her, which was surprising, since Val was scaring Wraith a little now) and then helped the little puppy get down from the horse. Wraith was shocked when Aeron said that she didn’t have to answer to Valkyrie. That was so rude!

“She’s my sister,” Wraith insisted, “like Luc is.” She could feel her resolve wavering, though. She wanted to say more, but wasn’t sure if she should. “She raised me,” she said proudly. But then she frowned when Aeron said that Nathaniel wasn’t hers.

“But Nate’s my brother,” she replied, confused. “Me an’ Lucy an’ Nate—we’ve always been brothers and sisters. How could he be from someone else? He’s my brother.” But that didn’t make him all the way hers. Maybe he was like Val—another one of Hybrid’s children. Wraith didn’t know how she felt about that.

What confused Wraith the most, though, was that Aeron still didn’t like Inferni. Inferni was her home. It was their entire family’s home. It was strong and it was right. As Wraith considered this, the puppy looked up and introduced itself—herself Wraith realized—as Pride Adwen Tormenta. That was a stupid name. She didn’t like it. The puppy was too white, too—she looked dumb, just like her name.

“But she’s younger ‘an me. How’s she Daddy’s too? Daddy died a long time ago. I don’t—” she started, but broke off to glare at the girl. “Why didn’t you tell me before? Why—” she started, but then stopped. Everything was so confusing.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread