street's like a jungle
[html]
[/html] Valkyrie was right. Everything that she knew about her father confirmed this. He confirmed this. After all, he'd been around more than her mother had since Aeron had abandoned them to live in Anathema. Even though she didn't see her father much, he was still there. Valkyrie was right.

She didn't like how Aeron spoke to Valkyrie. Wraith's fur immediately stood on end. She backed up and her eyes darkened as she regarded her mother with a new vein of anger.

"Don't speak to her like that," she said coldly. "Valkyrie's my family," she said, making sure to emphasize that where Valkyrie was considered family, Aeron was not.

When Aeron addressed her in particular, Wraith narrowed her eyes, but didn't respond or move. Whatever her mother had to say, she would listen to it; but she wouldn't necessarily believe it. When Aeron said that she had considered moving back to Inferni, her blood ran cold.

"Of course I was mad at you! You abandoned me and all I wanted was a family. How could you have decided to stay in Anathema? It wasn't me. I'm still angry at you. You didn't have any right to decide if I hated you or not. I was happy, but that's because I had to make myself happy with what I had left. You left us and I didn't leave you. You could have come back. I never told you to stay away." Wraith was furious. How dare her mother blame her for all of this?

"You made the decision to stay away, not me, so don't you dare blame me for it." Her blood felt fiery hot now and Valkyrie's previous words gave her reason to speak and be so forward. She was sick of the bullshit her mother tried to pull on her.

When Aeron said that Hybrid was gay, Wraith smirked. She'd heard that line before. But she still didn't understand how her mother too could be gay. If being gay meant you preferred males to females, then weren't all girls gay? She didn't understand the subtlety, so she let it slide.

"So are you going to make this girl stay away from her true family because of you, too, then?" she asked. Her voice was haughty as she regarded the small coyote thing. She wondered what it was like.

[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread