[p] and in the south
[html]

(--)

Tlantli is by Alaine!

The family was as it should be. With a woman at its head -- with Tlantli Kimaris at its head -- the Kimaris family would rise to greatness again. Smiling her razor-toothed smile, the flaxen hybrid stepped toward her brother and sank down beside him on his bed, extending one hand toward his arm. She left it there, lingering and light, and chided him with a soft clicking of her teeth.

You raised me, she pointed out. My brothers, my sister. Where would they be if Mete hadn't raised them up as his own? Dead, slaves, far from Eterne. Well -- Imacai, Miqui, and Xochime were still far from Eterne, but their distance mattered little now. Tlantli had reclaimed her birthright and her children were here. That they were Miqui's children, too, was undoubted, but he had been a vessel by which she might obtain her heirs. Miqui hadn't been ignorant of that fact, of course, and he'd agreed to their arrangement.

I am your child as much as his. Brother, father -- it was all blood in the end. And your children have given you grandchildren, and you must be strong for them, like you were strong for me and my brothers and sister. Her voice was almost an indistinct murmur; she saw the pain on Metetzili's face, plain as if he'd written it in ink. She needed him, still, and would not have him hurting and weakened. She did not believe the things he said, and he must not believe them, either.

<style>
#tlantliAlaine {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#tlantliAlaine p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#tlantliAlaine p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#tlantliAlaine .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#tlantliAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#tlantliAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#tlantliAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#tlantliAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#tlantliAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread