A Day of Solace
[html]

Word Count → 407

Hati was relieved to see his relative brighten with a smile, obviously pleased to see him. He met the taller male's handshake, feeling his slender fingers enveloped in the calloused grip. Just a few short months ago, he would not have been able to shift and use his hands this way; he was proud of the dignified stature it gave him, letting him appear less like a puppy and more like the young man he was maturing into. Niro was impressive up close, his face marked with thin claw scars, the sun gleaming off the row of gold rings that lined his ear. He cut such a unique and dashing figure, and Hati already felt a growing sense of admiration.

"I actually came to see you and Amaranth, since we didn't get much time to talk when you first arrived. I didn't know where you were staying, though, so... I thought I'd walk through town, see if I happened to bump into you." He smiled politely, since that was exactly what had happened. He was a shade disappointed to hear that his little niece and nephew were busy, but he could make an appointment to visit them another time. It seemed like all of the kingdom's pups were in the same generation as Hati was, meaning they were all reaching adulthood now. Tasha and Heiro's arrival meant he was finally not the youngest anymore, and he was looking forward to watching them grow up, getting to play the role of uncle for the first time.

When he heard the unfamiliar cry from the sky, Hati's ears shot up, staring above him with wide eyes. Niro seemed unfazed, shaking his head with amusement as he set aside his carving knife. There was a large dark-feathered bird of prey -- a hawk, or an eagle perhaps -- perched above them, looking regal in the sunlight. "Marahute... that bird belongs to you?" Hati asked in awe, watching as the beautiful creature ruffled its feathers and took flight. He knew the Courtiers raised chickens and pigeons in the coops behind the stables, but he had never met a falconer before. "Isn't that dangerous?" he added, thinking of the mighty talons and sharp beaks those birds possessed. His gaze lingered on Niro's facial scars, presuming that must have been where he got them. He didn't want to ask his brother-in-law directly, though, feeling he would probably be insulted by the personal question.

<style>
.haticai1 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2QMTC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#af9479; width:520px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; color:#4e4032; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #858484;}
.haticai1 b {color:#e0c9b1; text-shadow:#272011 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.haticai1 p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.haticai1 p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.haticai1 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #846e3e; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
Table by Cait!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread