A Day of Solace
[html]

WC: 509 OOC: I do believe he will!!

The boy’s incredulity made Niro laugh outright. It was a reaction he wasn’t use to. Many wolves accepted it as it was a natural way to live, was in a cave and this cave having a few chambers of its own was perfect for him and his family He nodded knowing full well he could have a house or live in the hotel.

“Ah but this cave suits us. I lived in the hotel for a little while until me and Mara became mates, but I’ve tidied the place up to be homey. It is far more natural to live in a cave than in a human home.”

The man grinned and winked. He had a wierd way of declining, but he knew that the boy didn’t understand what others took for granted and what some needed. Niro knew Amaranth needed her space and she seemed far more comfortable in the cave than anywhere else. She wouldn’t live anywhere else and he wouldn’t live anywhere else without her. He felt bad when Marahute didn’t come to join them after he called her and the looked on Hati’s face made Niro give a shrug

On normal days she'll come closer, but as I said, today is her day. Don’t you worry though when she feels the need to investigate she will and she’s a very curious bird! She is very intelligent yes, but I am not intelligent in her speech. I know some things but only just. She can say some things too, but it’s not always easy to understand her. She knows very well not to touch the pups. She respects me as a father for I’m the one who hatched her. I taught her from a hatchling and she’s been very good with pups.”

He said, he knew she could just fly off with one if she really wanted to. The man had seen her pick up a goat by the leg and just swing it so that it would drop and break its neck. She was a very large, very powerful bird and he respected her for that. He knew she wouldn’t hurt any of his pack though as she thought they were her flock, even though golden eagles never flocked together.Niro’s laugh grew as the boy seemed inclined to need reassurance that Niro really wasn’t going to eat the pigeons.

“As much as they are a burden on my life, I’ve trained them far too hard to actually eat them, no I’ll let them grow fat and merry until they pass on.”

The man said knowing that Hati needed some reassurance. He did not, however have the same feelings for the pigeons as he did the bird of prey he trained. Their intelligence levels were far different and though the pigeons knew and loved food they were food themselves to those that owned the skies. Niro knew that much and he kept his feelings from attaching to any of the cooing animals.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread