Great Expectations
[html]

^-^

He spotted the elder canine down by the Great Fire. He tilted his head above the smoke and tried not to inhale any of it too much as he walked around it, stifling snorts as the humid air irritated his eyes. He itched them for a second or two and then thought better of it, wiping around his cheeks until he could see a little clearer. Bleary eyed, he trudged forwards, ash crunching under his feet as he moved stumbling after the slightly unfamiliar scent. Aranck was practically a stranger to him. They had never spoken after all. But then again, it wasn't so. Every tribe member spotted each other almost every day, and so it was almost as if they were family even when not speaking with each other.

Aranck? he called out. He didn't believe he'd ever actually said the name aloud before. He scuttled forward and finally the smoke gave way. He saw the elderly wolf sitting by the fire so he walked up and crouched down, then changed his mind and decided to lean lazily against the side of a nearby pole. Hey, I'm Frodo. he paused, wondering whether to explain himself even before the wolf introduced himself too. I was uh, a-wonderin'... he started. Do yer speak this here, uh, language that err'yone seems ter speak roun' here? AniWayan?

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread