People will talk
[html]

I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck >> Word Count: 3+

Sirius by Nat

She was a master at her game, not a player, but a rule-maker. A deity on this board, a crafter and bender of laws and realities. The game she crafted was both mental and physical - A smile, a flutter of lashes, the stirring of air with delicate fingers in a harmless gesture. A thought that takes root in the base of the mind, and grows and grows until branches scrape at consciousness, and the foolish mortal is ensnared.

But Sirius, too, was a god in this realm of dangerous play. He had resided on a throne crafted of words and lies for long enough to know when the game was being played, and which moves to make to ensure that weeds did not overthrow the garden of his consciousness. There would always be moments of weakness - One could not hope to have total dominion over one's own ingenuity. But his narrowed pupils observed keenly as Isabella thread her spider web strings about him, and for now, he allowed himself to be caught.

Her words were soft poetic, infinitely pleasing, and were rewarded with a hungry Cheshire smile and a rumbling purr deep within his chest. She was clever enough to know which strings to pluck to make her monarch sing. Delicate fingers brushed his cloak, and the muscles beneath it instinctively tensed as a warm rush of carnal images sped beneath his eyelids. "It is good to know that you entertain thoughts of your King and Lord, even in my absence. Such loyalty is... Most desirable," And not cheaply bought, he reflected, feeling again the cold metal weight within his pocket.

Her gentle question provoked a mild expression of civility, sharp yellow teeth sheathed for the time being. "You can invite me into your home, fix me something warm to drink," He said candidly, black lips twitched upwards at their corners.

<style>
#siriusal1 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siriusal1 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siriusal1 p.alImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#siriusal1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#siriusal1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siriusal1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siriusal1 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siriusal1 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread