What Lies Beneath
[html]

(371) OOC: Robert doesn't know what to do, lol. xD poor boy.

He frowned as she looked back at him with the same sad look on her face, and had to glance away. He wished he could take back his question, since it seemed more personal than what he first suspected. But, before he could tell her to forget about it, she went on to tell him what was frightening her. Robert was slightly appalled that she was telling him that despite their unfamiliarity, and wondered for a moment if that woman was that open with other people normally. Though no matter how much he wanted her to stop sharing, he knew he couldn't just tell her that when she seemed in need for some sort of closure. The Collins may not be the friendliest canine in the artsy pack, but he was still someone who was not completely heartless to someone in distress.

In simple words, he was confused about what her problem was. She kept mentioning the darkness, and his mind automatically went to the literal term instead of the idealistic one. Robert also wanted to snort at the idea of the dark turning people bad oe making them hurt others, but ge decided to keep that thought to himself. "Well... You don't have to be scared now. The sun is about to come up, and the darkness will be gone. And... we have my lantern, that makes the dark go away." He guessed he could somewhat relate to her fear of the dark in some way; he was uneasy about the darkness himself, though it was entirely different from the woman's case. He was nervous that something would come out and take him away wherever they took his brother. Luckily, he kept enough candles on hand to keep those thoughts out of mind.

"You don't have to... listen to the darkness. It can't make you do anything bad if you don't want to," he added logically, again dismissing the spirituality of the situation.

Maybe if they would stop talking about it, all this "darkness" business would leave her mind, he thought. "In any matter, my name is Robert Frost Collins. You can refer to me in any way that pleases you the most. And, what may I call you, miss?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread