What Lies Beneath
[html]

(480) OOC: I could not resist making Frost even more awkward. :3 I blame you for making Eclipse so cute. |:

He found it interesting that her mother was the one whom had taught her read, Sky as well being his teacher in that department. For a moment, he thought about asking where her parents were, but thru question never surfaced. He remembered her talking about her grandfather, and still wanted to keep that talk away for now. "That was very good for your mother to teach you to read. I think that those without the ability to read are missing out on a lot..." Realizing how naive he was speaking, he cleared his throat and added in a more stern voice, "But, not everyone can be as privileged as some. It is regrettable." It was a slightly depressing outlook on it, he knew, but that was the reality of it. And he was a canine of reality.

He furrowed at her comment about the time before hands, but he smirked a bit at it. He supposed she was right, but he did not have to tell her that. "Well, you have hands now, do you not? You may as well as make use for them.

"I also have a few fiction books that you can look at, if you want," he added as he waited for her to change, picking up the lantern in preparations to explore Thronbury for her home. Despite the distance he seemed to hold for that genre, he also enjoyed it, though he wanted to keep the outlook of a mature gentleman, even though he was barely a man at his age.

When she came around from the tree, he became a bit stumped. Though she was not technically undressed, the side of him that strived to be a gentleman told him to be meek as she approached him. He was an advocate for clothing, so to see another without any gear on made him a bit uncomfortable.

"If that is the case, then may I ask for a favor?" he inquired after she was finish speaking. He began to shoulder of the waistcoat that was adorning him, and a moment later he was left in nothing but a plain white shirt and a simple tie. "Can... you wear this?" Robert could not met her gaze, unsure how she would take his request. It was not meant to be anything personal, but... it'd be easier on him.

"And, we just need the light if we're going into some houses. They're dark, and would break something or hurt ourselves." He would not tell her, but he was actually a bit afraid of the unused buildings in Thornbury. His sister, mystical and odd, told him once there were strange things in them, and while he acted like he did not believe her, he was wary. A light would keep his doubts away, though, and keep him from backing out on Eclipse then having to explain his irrational behavior.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread