What Lies Beneath
[html]

(380) OOC: Robert will nag Eclipse until she chooses a house. |: Jk. xD If they end up not finding something you like, she can always convince him the outside world isn't entirely evil.

He wondered who the woman was, the one that gave Eclipse her scarf, but he guessed that neither of them Will ever find out. "My parents gave me this hat," he stated, using his free hand to push up the cap, then push it back over his face. "They gave it to me a couple of days after I first shifted... so I guess it has sentimental value." He did not mention that he let it collect dust in his closet ever since his father left, and had only recently dragged it out to wear to the ball. But, now that he was reminded of it, he could not help but be a bit fond of it. It was the first thing he ever worn besides his own fur, and could remember sleeping with it still on his head on the first few nights since obtaining it. He smiled a bit at memories, but his face went back to being somber as the house situation rose back up to his mind.

"You must have been really small for the snow to be taller than you," he remarked thoughtfully. By her words, he knew she was young when it happened, and tried to imagine being in a burning building. He thought it must have been quite frightful, and would not wish for that event to be thrusted onto anyone. When he thought about it further as he was switching out the candles inside of the house, he realized that he must have been the same age as her when Nathaniel disappeared. But, when it occurred to him, he pushed it out of mind and went back outside.

"Small houses are easy, there is nothing to worry about. It is simpler to sleep in a house than in an hotel, and to a lesser extent, under a tree, surely," Robert said encouragingly, and looked over to where Eclipse pointed, and nodded. "Okay, I'll show you which ones are not owned. Not many people live around these houses but me, though I don't know why."

After a couple of moments of walking down the street, he pointed at a random, empty stone house and asked, "Is that any to your fancy? It is made of rock, so it's stronger than the wooden ones."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread