What Lies Beneath
[html]

Word Count » 479 :: Out of character text here.

Robert seemed to try to make his life and anything around it far more difficult than it should be. There were so many solutions she could see to his “problem” yet the only one she’ll give him was the simplest.

“Why not read outside, on your roof or in a meadow. Then you can just get a glimpse of something you’ve missed a long time. You can do that anywhere. I read in the trees. I tend to see lots of prey animals go about their business and i watch them for a little while. You have a long life ahead of you. There is more to it than reading... isn’t there?”

So he was a bookworm. It seemed he was the type to lock himself up just to read the next one. Her mother was like that. She was as much of a bookworm as he, though sometimes she would sit with Eclipse and read to her out in a clear area of patched snow, or out on the porch. It was her that taught Eclipse to read and the thought of her mother nearly brought her to tears.... had it been nearly a year since she had seen the woman? Had she been gone that long? She shook her head moving her thoughts back to the house. It was quiet but it was quaint, and as he spoke she lifted an eyebrow.

“paint?”

She was sure she knew what it meant... but painting just sounded like something humans did. This was a pack of the arts but she thought, that crafting like leather working, woodworking, and stuff like cooking or dancing, or singing.... but painting? She hadn’t even seen the border tree nor did she know it existed so to know that a wolf painted was a little outragious to her. Then again. If one could write one could paint. The young woman was not interested in such things though. She cracked a grin at him.

“Well if you keep putting it like that ANYTHING is better than a tree trunk.”

She said, but admittedly she would again sleep outside unless she knew it would rain. Looking around she wasn’t all too picky. She knew the stone buildings were sturider than the wooden ones and she didn’t need anything big for herself as it would be just her living there.

“I’m not a picky wolf so this one is open and it’s small. I’ll take it.”

Though she had nothing but her bow and her quiver and the necklace that Saul had given to her and the jar of saffron she had hidden somewhere in the territory. That was all the belongings she had. She had nothing to show this was her home and she showed it on her face.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread