And now I will reach for the stars
[html]

Loonnggggg and kinda depressing. :| My bad. Make Enzo and Juliet be happy XD Most of the depressingness is narrator babble.

There was a large amount of excitement within the Father as he waiting in the War room, his full formal wear covering his body once more. It had been during the ball that Enzo and Juliet had made their engagement official, binding the pair in their journey towards an official mateship ceremony. He wondered if Tony and Neela would be made official soon. The pair had been living together for only a little shorter time than his younger brother and Juliet. But what really pleased the warrior was that the very day Lorenzo had requested permission to join The Brotherhood.

The organization had ben an idea spread across the pack since the beginning but only the Leadership were official members so far as the required the members to prove themselves before hand. But at last is seemed a member would start the growth of the two-person club. A sound at the door caused his ears to perk and his eyes to look curiously, only to land on the redheaded fiancée of his son. A soft smile graced his lips as she stood beside him, “Good morning Juliet.” He greeted. She certainly was a nice looking girl, and it was very kind of her to wake up so early to watch the Oath.

Just as she asked the question and the Sole began to open his muzzle to speak his ears twitched, hearing the squeaking of the floorboards and the rattler of the doorknob. In stepped his youngest son and the father could not help but to grin from ear to ear seeing his return. For any other pack member he would have easily kept his cool, giving the appearance of a strong leader doing an important ceremony but this was his little Enzo. “Come kneel on the stairs Lorenzo.” His voice held a clear command but it lingered on the boys name with a gentle touch. As his son took his position Jazper pulled a blade from his side. The sword was beautiful but it was not his Scottish Claymore. No, the blade in his hand was to be Enzo’s.

“Enzo, my son.” He began, the gentle Scottish accent flowing from his black lips. “I have kept a secret from you my boy.” The words would probably come as a shock to the brown hued giant before him but the dark Knight smiled down at him regardless. “In our family it is tradition for a father to give his son a blade of their own when they become an adult and a true member of the Knight legacy. Although you have been the age of an adult for a while now I have held back, but I stand before you today proud of my boy and the man he has become.” Pausing he looked to Juliet with a soft smile, “You are on your way to making the biggest commitment of your life to this beautiful young lady. A promise you should thank Fenris for every day of your life.”

It seemed Fenris had other plans for the leader as he had yet to bless him with longevity in marriage, but he had given him many children and the warrior could not have been more thankful for that gift. Turning his golden eyes back to his son he continued, “You have shown bravery. Protecting your family and pack from those who would do us harm, those that would do me harm.” Looking to the words on the wall, the Oath that each member joining the Brotherhood was required to make he allowed the blade tip to rest on the floor. “You come before me today to make an Oath. One I will not take lightly and should you break it I will not be able to defend you as a father for your misjudgment will fall upon me as a leader. In the same manner I ask you to not make this Oath to me as my family, you are my blood and that is a bond that can never break. The Oath must be made as one warrior to another in comradeship and loyalty. However, with this promise you will be granted the right to absolute respect and the role of Knighthood in the pack. If you are truly ready to join me in the protection of my pack, of my friends and allies, I ask you to speak now.”

The speech drew mixed feelings from Jazper but he knew what he was saying. Lorenzo needed to think carefully about his Oath because if it were to be broken the law was clear and even as a leader the father would not be able to rise above the demands of his pack to exile his own son. It was a heavy burden for them both, as the rule applied to Jazper as well. It was the duty of the Brotherhood to uphold the law of the pack, to keep Kingsbury a place where pups could run around without the evils of the world threatening their innocence.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3165d3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread