[m] [aw] up in the north
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains: tables with images and graphics of an explicitly violent, gory, or racy nature. Sensitive readers are advised to disable images or to read in a text-only format.
[/html]

[html]

I've never had a Sie thread :o In honor, I thought I'd use an old Sie table <3 Hope you don't mind, lovely! I'll try and be relatively quick with my responses so I don't drag this. (: The date is perfect for me! It's also unnecessarily long - the last two or three paragraphs are the only important ones. Smile WC: 749

It had been some time since she was not a wanderer, the dark and arrogant Queen mused as she moved calmly on four paws through the unfamiliar territories. Niccolo was not far behind her, but his movements were nearly silent - Linquilea knew of his presence only because she was so confident he would not abandon her. The chocolate man, like the niece and nephews he knew so little about, was blindly devoted to her; he would not stray unless she asked him to. It was one of the great luxuries of having such a commanding and domineering presence - Lea could rest assured that those whom served her would not risk their lives by fleeing. And, anyway, Niccolo loved her in some blind, perverse way. She supposed that was good enough. Love, she had learned long ago, was the best way to destroy someone. It happened to her, it happened to Shandom - at the end of the day, those were really the only two who mattered anymore.

He was close, but he was in the North. Linquilea had gathered such from her quiet excursions to the southern tip of this strange land. She would have been able to find him if he were there - despite years of separation, the two still possessed a strange awareness of the other, despite miles of distance between them. Linquilea, though she had obviously not asked him, was arrogantly confident of this fact. When he was near her, she would know. Then, of course, she would kill him. Slowly, probably, but he would die, and she would drink his blood and eat his heart. Her deteriorating mind thought this might make her immortal. So few managed to live to see their ultimate conquests - Linquilea was sure she would.

Lea came upon the scent of a girl mingled with an equine - she would never understand the purpose for taming the beasts when they were so tasty - and followed it rather mindlessly. She was far from anything that resembled a pack, and she assumed she must have missed something on her travels. It was an unfortunate fact; it meant several days had been wasted, but there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. It had, at least, given her several days to think without the interruption of others, something the dark Queen desperately desired. Niccolo was wise to keep silent. He was safer that way.

The scent grew stronger, and Linquilea took several minutes to shift. It was an arduous process, time consuming and irritating due to her massive bulk, and the sun was noticeably deeper in the sky when the woman finished. Niccolo stayed upon four legs, more confident in his fighting abilities that way, and also as a sign of subservience to his mistress - she preferred him lower than she unless absolutely necessary. The mismatched pair padded along quietly until a shape, silhouetted against a tree, grew in Linquilea's vision. Niccolo, seeing the girl, braced himself for the inevitable pain that would come later. Such was it always when his mistress saw young, dark girls. It was her weakness.

Linquilea blanched slightly as her golden eyes drank in all she could of the child. The fading light did nothing to assure the woman of her true coloring, and where this girl sat Lea only saw who Kora Dy'Nix might have been, in another life entirely. It was her madness that gave her this illusion - Kora would have been larger, perhaps slightly darker, and likely not able to shift to the bipedal form. What reason would Linquilea have had to stumble upon the strange and cruel Adrien Gauthier, who forced her into this life with his cruel touch? Kora had been born as normal as the rising sun. But a madness soaked mind does not understand these things, and Linquilea's heart leaped to see her daughter before it realized what cruel tricks light and insanity could play.

Such young girls should not wander far from their mothers, the woman murmured, her rough and deep voice softer than it might normally be. Her arrogant, cruel demeanor had melted slightly, and though the woman still carried herself with pride she did not mean this young woman any harm. You do not know what dangers lurk at night. Somehow, Lea's voice remained steady as she passively regarded the back of girl - she was situated behind the child, so that she was still mercifully cloaked in the falling shadows. She is near, I hope. I do not envy her worry if she does not know where you are.

<style>
.eris-monster .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.eris-monster p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.eris-monster b {color:#DBC1AA; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.eris-monster {background-color:#693B0C; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/eris/eris_monster.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:180px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DBC1AA; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#271502; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.eris-monster-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread