[m] [aw] up in the north
[html]

(544) Draugr usually likes them, but this one was a pain in the arse and will continue to be, ahaha.

Draugr is by me!

The Salsolian did not think she ought to tell this woman her mother was a princess or a priestess -- those who lurked in deep shadows were likely to have their own concocted stories, and from the glimmer in the woman's eyes, Dra simply did not think she could hope to begin matching wits with her. There was a quietness and softness to her voice, true enough, but beneath that, too, the drab wolfdog thought she could hear the twang of metal against metal -- cold steel, it sounded like. She could see little enough of the stranger, and the voice was all Draugr had to go on.

The ruddy hybrid considered the words, though, concentrating hard on the conversation at hand. Would mama Siv be angry with her if she knew Draugr met this stranger so far from home? Probably. And then Draugr might not be allowed to leave Salsola anymore, Dyrne or not. Well... please don't tell her, the Associate tried, smiling nervously and flicking the silver tip of her tail in a brief wag with the feeble jest. This stranger probably didn't know mama Siv, after all. More seriously, she continued, answering the woman's question promptly. She didn't want to be discourteous to this woman -- though all Dra knew thus far was her smell, faint as it was with the still air, and her voice, the wolfdog thought she might like the bearer of that silky voice.

Draugr Helsi, she answered. Mama Siv... she trailed off herself, aware that the shadow was moving. All of it, it seemed. The blank spot in the world seemed to expand and take the half-shape of a Luperci, albeit one larger than Dra had ever seen. The youth thought, at first, it was simply the play of strange light or perspective between herself and the stranger, but she quickly realized that was not the case. Her own mother ran large, but this woman was bigger. She swallowed and continued her answer, determined not to be intimidated. Mama Siv gave me their color, and daddy Reykr gave me their paleness, the hybrid said quietly, unaware her family's eyes were mostly pale yellows and purple -- not just her parents. She smiled, nonetheless, and looked up toward the shifting shadow.

A sound of movement caught her attention, and Dra's dark head swiveled, ears pricked upward toward the sound. She glanced toward the shadow, preparing to ask it whether it had friends, when she realized this couldn't be the case. She hadn't heard this woman's approach at all, but whoever was coming now was crashing through the underbrush. They weren't moving quickly, but the noise they generated was sheer carelessness. Draugr stared hard in the direction of the noise, frowning and thinking of the trader. She would have outpaced the woman throughout the day on horseback, but she'd been still for some time now. Could it be?

I might know who that is, she breathed, ears flattening with annoyance. She wanted my horse, the wolfdog said, more concerned with the prospect of her incoming "friend" than with the hulking shadow. She didn't want to be interrupted now -- the shadow was more interesting by far than the trader.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread