[m] [aw] up in the north
[html]

(369) Buh, it may not LOOK like it considering all the Inferni going on up in hurr, but all I want to do is play Draugr. >___> DRAUGR DRAUGR DRAUGR DRAUGR O_O. Also, kind of awkward with the speech here (should have just dropped the eyes convo, I think), but I felt it was a Very Good Idea to slip in the incest tidbit for Lea? 8B

Draugr is by Requiem!

I think so. She wanted to give me pelts for Dyrne, Dra lamented, wishing she had her axe. Even if it wasn't that trader, the heavy feeling of it was a comfort to Dra. Though the incoming stranger was a distraction, there was something she felt she ought to say: some unknown compulsion drove her to speak it, though even with this strange drive, the wolfdog hesitated. She knew her mother's eyes well, but she had only looked on her father's face once: Reykr was still a mystery to her.

She understood Rekyr's relation to Siv, and therefore her own heritage -- would this stranger understand? She bit her lower lip, looking down at the earth between herself and the shadow. Mama Siv and Daddy Reykr are... they... she trailed off, looking up at the shadow with sudden fierceness. Their fathers were brothers, she said, almost defiantly. She did not dare act in flagrant defiance of the shadow, but a small undercurrent of it was there, all the same. While she herself was Salsolian and raised above the natural revulsion of such relations, she could not know how this stranger would feel about it.

The stomping through the trees grew suddenly loud, and a figure stomped through the bushes. There was a pack slung over the hybrid's back, stuffed full of uselessness Draugr would not want in exchange for her horse. Wrinkling her muzzle in frustration, Draugr took a little sidestep toward the shadowy figure, glaring toward the trader as she did so. Dra knew the trader-woman was half-mad -- perhaps sunbaked, perhaps just damaged goods -- and she was more fearful of that madness than the steel-voiced shadow. What do you want? the hybrid asked, courteous and almost pleasant despite the woman's obvious intent.

The trader unslung her bag, which hit the ground. She seemed not to notice the shadow, or perhaps she simply did not care. Trade? she rasped, untying the knot holding the top of the pack closed. Horse? Trade? Pelt? she asked again, and Draugr only shook her head, glancing toward the shadow. Trade? the woman repeated, unfaltering and determined as she'd been the first time she asked.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread