whistling static
[html]

(296)

He listened as she explained what she drew, and oddly, it made sense to him. "I guess I draw the same things... Though I would not call my own creations beautiful. They are mere mimic of the real things. And, they are not as lively as well." As he judged his drawings, they were highly realistic, but they were "dead"; dark ink colored them instead of the bright hues that the earth produced. While he would love to add detail to his drawings, he neither had the time nor materials to do so. He never really thought about that until Dalgina made him think about it, but he did not allow himself to dwell on it long.

"Well, I do not know if I can actually show you how to draw like me... but I can try." No one taught him how to draw, it was just something that struck him--like, one day he decided to draw, and ever since then practiced until he drew like he did that day. Robert was not even sure if drawing was teachable, but the least he could do was let her watch him.

He dug around in his bag and brought out another inkwell and a clean sheet of parchment, and turned to face the girl. He pulled over what to draw for a moment, then decided to do something easy but familiar. "I always draw things that I can picture clearly in my head. If I do not have a clear mental picture of what I am making, it will come out the way I do not want it to." He dabbed the tip of his quill into the ink, and after a moment's pause, began to draw slightly curving lines that were side by side each other.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread