whistling static
[html]

(249)

He saw her faltering smile, and he pursed his lips as he tried to think of something that will prove his words honest. After a moment, nothing came to mind, but suddenly he was struck with an idea. "One moment," he stated quickly, raising an index fingerwhile his other hand dug around in his bag. He moved around books and papers within it, pushing them out of the way until he clasped his hand around a thin book that was hidden beneath all of the clutter on the bottom. He pulled it out, its cover a dull red and the script that bore its title, Beauty and the Beast, faded.

He opened the book to a particular page, and pulled out a piece of parchment that was stuck in there. On it was a less than appealing rose, stem too crooked to possibly support it, its petals jagged and hard looking. "This was one of the first times I tried to draw a flower, I think around your age. Its not as good as your's, is it?" he asked as he compared her daisy to his rose. It was hardly a comparison, really. "I think after a few more months, you'll be better than me."

He watched as Dalgina started to draw something, and having some difficulty with a curve. As much as he wanted to step in and do it for her, he held himself back; Robert wanted to see if she could do it on her own.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread