Far from home
Rain knew that Lux longed for female company. After talking to the coyote at the Inferni Boarders he had found her looking at herself differently. She was insecure about who she was and he often found her pulling at her ears more and talking/signing to him less. She would curl up at night and cry and he knew she needed a family, needed someone other then himself to run to. He had woken them early and had put Lux on Russell's back. She fell back asleep on the horses back as he walked them into nowhere. He walked them though the remains of a town called Amherst and had stopped by one of the houses to rest.

Lux had woken up and was exploring the houses near by while Rain rested. She had gone into the backyard of one of the houses and noticed many traps that the humans had used to kill wild game and strays. She had heard whining and noticed some fox cubs curled against the body of their mother. One of the pups had gotten its paw stuck in the trap with its mothers head and Lux rushed forward to help them. They were skittish but Lux knew how to help them. Judging by the decay of the mother they had been out here for a while and looked hungry. After releasing the trap she scooped them up and after a small protest they curled against her for warmth and comfort.

She walked back to her father and after showing him the pups and finding the little bit of milk they had left she fed them and got them on Russell's back before moving on. "Wrap the smaller ones paw. Its been broken for a while and will heal wrong if it is not taken care of," he said as Lux rubbed the pups heads softly.

He stopped suddenly and sniffed. They were at a packs boarder. A sign. He howled for a leader, someone to accept them. Are we staying? I am tired of being alone Da. I want... Lux stopped. "I know baby girl I know," he said softly.

Messages In This Thread