[p] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne
[html]

(311)

Myrika is by Kiri!

The tawny-furred coyote gaped at her cousin in disbelief, anger slowly seeping into her features. Her ears lay flat against her head, and the red on her muzzle wrinkled as she showed him her teeth and the whites of her blue eyes. You knew he was doing that? she demanded of him, sitting upright in his bed. All the apprehension was gone -- had everyone known but her? Kaena hadn't seemed surprised in the least, and now Ithiel, too? It was more than she could take. Perhaps the entirety of Inferni knew, and she was just the last of many, the one they'd all kept the secret from.

No, my Aquila, he said lightly, the briefest smile touching his dark lips with those words and that title. I only guessed. I knew nothing for certain until just now. The anger faded, though not entirely, and she settled back down, heaving a sigh. It wasn't Ithiel she was angry with, nor even Zeke -- it was herself. She didn't know what to do -- what folly it was for Zeke to give the pack to her of all these coyotes.

Well. She shoved her hair back out of her face and threw her shoulders back, trying to look like the leader she now -- apparently -- was. It's done, I guess. There was turning back, of course -- she coudl always run, but she couldn't do that to Ezekiel, either. She'd agreed to lead, and now she must lead. She looked at her cousin plaintively. Ithiel, what do I do? she asked, quietly. What could she do? What if there were more wolves, more attacks? She was no battle commander. A thousand awful scenarios floated through her mind as she rode here, and now they reared up again, ugly tales of could-be destruction and utter failure on her part.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread