[p] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne
[html]

(230)

Ithiel is by me!

She did not balk at the title. It seemed to pass her notice entirely, and Ithiel thought this was a good thing. She had not rejected the crown of Inferni. But she was looking to him for leadership, all the same, asking him what she ought to do. The dusky-furred hybrid shook his head, smiling once more at her. She needed smiles just now, and Ithiel was not incapable of them. When they were needed, he could summon them quite easily, actually; the dust-furred Praetorian simply preferred to keep them off his face most of the time.

You are the leader. It's not for me or anyone else to tell you what to do anymore, the dark-furred hybrid said, albeit gently. He reached out and offered his hand to her. I am yours, as I was Ezekiel's, he said, once she'd extended her hand to take his. Whatever you do, you have my support. Perhaps that was all his cousin needed. Ithiel meant it well, of course -- he did not say such things lightly, and always kept his word -- but he did not know what to do to comfort her. Part of him thought she ought not need comfort, but she was a woman and the weaker sex. Let her have her moment, he told himself, the pale white tip of his tail flickering.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread