[p] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne
[html]

(256)

Myrika is by Kiri!

Even before he spoke the words, she knew what they would be. She was not asking to be told what to do -- not really, anyway. Maybe a little. The redhead sighed and laid both her ears back. When he extended his hand, she gave hers to him and listened to his words with half-mast ears. The words were spoken plainly, but they seemed to ring within her, too. Ithiel was hers? She'd seen his ways when they were equal of rank, but now that she'd ascended him, he would not challenge her? She considered this even as she let her hand drop back to her thigh, frowning.

Why do you accept me so readily? Not everyone will, I think, she confided, thinking tumult that must follow a change of the guard. You could fight me for the right to lead and I would lose, she said. She also thought Ithiel might have more rights to the leadership than she herself. You're Gabriel's son, too. I'm the daughter of someone who hasn't lived in Inferni for years, she pointed out, thinking of her mother for the first time in a long time. She was supposed to have found her, but instead, she'd found -- what? Twenty cousins and several nieces, nephews, second cousins, her grandmother, Ithiel -- and Vesper, and Vesper, and Vesper. Though guilt twinged somewhere, it was a small thing and passed quickly -- she could not spend her life chasing ghosts when the living burned so brightly beside her.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread