[p] seven lamps of fire burning before the throne
[html]

(227)

Ithiel is by Raze!

Ithiel pulled his hand back and straightened, cocking his head at her words. He made a strange face, then, one he was not accustomed to making, and looked at her with bloody red eyes. Do you think I'm any sort of leader? he asked, bluntly. I don't. He brushed his fingers against the cross at his chest, shaking his head. God gave me the ability to fight, the ability to scout and track and ride, but he did not grant me the mind to lead. It's not my place. He knew this deep within his bones; it was obvious to Ithiel himself, and he thought it was the same for Myrika -- she was just in denial, weak as it was.

I could fight you, and you would lose, but that is not what I want, nor what my brother wanted. And, I think if my father was here, he would agree with me. Ithiel had never met Gabriel, but he was certain of the man's sound mind and good judgement. Gabriel would see, he knew. You're Kaena's grandchild, same as the rest of us. It's all the same blood, he said, rolling dark-tinged shoulders in a shrug. Ezekiel picked you, and now... you know what comes now, he said, offering her another one of those brief and small smiles.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread