a podium built on generations bleeding
[html]

(370) If you still have yet to post, please do! I assumed everyone showed up before Myri spoke, if that's okay. :3 PM me if not, and you'd prefer for your character to be admonished for being late. If you've already replied, no need to do so twice unless your character has something to say or you want to or whatever. Smile

Some addressed her calmly; others remained silent and sullen; still others seemed confused. Her pale eyes roved over them as they arrived, and she nodded her greetings but remained silent until all assembled. Her eyes lingered on her grandmother and her cousin, both stone-faced. Though Kaena's face was still for her scar tissue, Ithiel simply bore his typical dead neutral expression: that look of calm readiness she so envied and so tried to emulate now, standing before the assembled coyotes. She took a breath and smiled at them all, beaming her best at them though her insides were roiling with anxiety.

It's good to see everyone, she began, looking over them once again. She lingered on a face here and there, all those she recognized -- as she had encountered each of them and none was a complete stranger to the redhead, she looked at each of them in turn as she spoke; once she'd cycled through, she began again at random, looking from one face to the other. Ezekiel is gone. He's left. I don't know why, unfortunately, she said, holding up her hands in a gesture of appeasement. We can assume anything, but we don't know the truth of just why. She wished to set this to rights now, above all: rumors would fly and she could not combat those, but with the tale told from her muzzle, there was at least a chance of stanching the flow.

He has left me in his place as Aquila. Vesper is still my subleader. There will probably be other changes, too, but for right now, that's all that's certain. The hybrid drew a breath and smiled again, her eyes still level with the faces of Inferni. She would not look down -- she could not look down, though the compulsion was there, strong and tugging her muzzle downward. She fought it valiantly and remained still of face, her nose kept in the relaxed position of one comfortable with her authority. She glanced to Vesper first, eyes lingering on the gray-smudged subleader first, then to the rest of the clan. Now it was their turn to speak, if they had anything to say.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread