he went forth conquering, and to conquer
[html]

(474)Assuming all NPCs are here, and Foxglove as Meghan's laptop is all broken and junk. <3

Ultimately, Salvia could not rely on others. She had come to recognize this. Her mother had betrayed her and her father, in his death, abandoned her. There was no loyalty amongst her kin, none in these strangers who had come to her home after it grew powerful. Even Sirius was a man she could not trust fully, though her loyalty to him was apparent and uncompromising. Of all those who came to her call, only two shadows were given the benefit of such thin, uneasy trust. Her eyes lingered on her prized slave, her handsome brother, and briefly met with those of her King. A noise rose from behind her as Axi, cautiously and slowly, muttered in Spanish. Her mother would not be coming. So be it.

A man spoke and his words were met with a sharp, dangerous glare. She forced a mask of indifference onto her face, but her interested tiger’s gaze was one of pent of aggression. For now, though, she forced herself to be still. She ignored him and ignored Odessa’s question and lifted her head. They were all here, waiting, and only the faintest sense of self-consciousness stirred in her. Salvia did not fear these people; she would make them bow to her one way or another.

“Salsola,” she greeted formally, her voice strong and firm. “As of today, Eris no longer leads as Auxiliary. The weight of my father’s death sits heavy upon her shoulders. Long has she stood as mother to this place, and she will remain as our Crone. I ask you not burden her further with questions, and allow her to mourn until the time proper.” It was easy, she realized suddenly, to speak like this. The words were old ones, fashioned, and hardly felt like they suited her. Her eyes trailed to Sirius, wondering if he had been responsible for such a thing, and knew it was the truth. After so long, she had begun to mimic him.

“I have assumed her role. From this day forth you are to follow me as you have followed her in the past. I was born of Salsola, and I have bled for Salsola—I know most of you, and you will know me,” her voice sharpened, but only just. It was a warning, and one she intended to make plain.

A faint and strangely angelic smile cut across her face, though it hardly matched her fierce eyes. “My Lord,” she called to Sirius, and held out one hand in an open gesture. He had shown her the old warrior’s handshake, and she intended to use it now to prove her claim. “Would you speak to us of your news?” The ranks, his children—all of these things were Sirius’ realm. She had only to assert herself before allowing their true ruler to make his voice heard.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread