he went forth conquering, and to conquer
[html]

Breaking post order, please feel free to post at will. This thread will be closing in 5 days, so if you want to have another post, please make sure you get it in by then <3 >> Word Count: 3+

Sirius by Nat

More came to answer the call that had demanded their presence - The whole pack, it seemed, sensing the urgency in the air, the heavy weight of responsibility and change that filled them with unbridled worry. Although they were beasts renown for their ability to adapt, change was never a welcome thing, and the King saw and accepted their uneasiness as a result of it.

Questions began to fill the air, a muttering of curious and hazed voices that disturbed the respectful silence. Salvia ignored them, her piercing gaze meeting once with his, before sweeping back out over the amassed crowd. Black lips twitched up in a glimmer of approval. They would not phase the tigress. He sensed, rather than saw, the presence of Clover behind him - Hers was a scent that the King was well attuned to. So too came the gentle tones of his slave, speaking again out of turn; But while the golden-haired maiden was around, he would not punish her for such a thing.

She spoke, and her voice flowed smooth and strong, breaching silence and muttering till it was all that was. He heard it within her - the hiss of the snake, the gentle drips of venom that would seep into their waiting ears - and his eyes shone fiercely with pride. Again her pupils met with his, and although there was a doubt that lingered within her, Sirius knew now that she was truly capable; Knew that she would embrace the gifts that had been given unto her. He nodded, just slightly, just barely, narrow pupils glittering in their rim of acidic pea-green. Her voice, stronger now, continued; Staking its claim over this land, these people. She would be his Cicerone, his General, and Salsola would flourish for it.

She called to him, and this time he answered, large ears held erect and dominant as he stepped forth to clasp her hand tightly within his own. His gaze glittered at her a moment, showing his pleasure, his pride. You have done well, my Tigress. None had challenged her. The change was now secure.

He turned to face the milling crowd, the upturned maws, the curious and suspicious eyes, and with the ease of practice he allowed his stillness and silence to still and quiet them, too. Sirius was well aware of his power, and wore his crown well. His hands rose, palms facing the people, lingering a moment in a posture of calm power and authority. Then, black lips peeled back, and a familiar, sharp smile was offered to them all. "My people," Came the thick tenor voice, oozing out across them, humming with his poison, "Salsola has been blessed, this past moon. We have known victory, and our land has proven bountiful with this mild weather," His eyes drifted over the familiars in the crowd, speaking to each of them personally, sincerely. This was his power, the power of manipulation. "The Kingdom knows the presence of many new lives, for it has been a fertile month, and there are more expected," Black lips twitched up at Magnolia, and at the rounded form of Odessa, "But we must also celebrate the arrival of two, born of my blood - As many of you may have heard, Salsola know has two princes. My sons," His face glowed with the joy of such a thing, true, primal joy, and his eyes lingered momentarily on Clover, bathing her in his happiness.

He waited a moment more, before continuing, "I have been inspired by this cycle of rebirth. With Salvia at my side, we will continue to lead you into prosperity, and we offer you now the chance at new ranks, new glory. Seek them as you will. This is all the news I have to give - We shall Supper again soon, in the fire-circle, so I request that the hunters amongst you begin to gather your prey." He would call them to another Last Supper some time in the next weeks, that their business may be discussed more fully. This was a time of celebration, and they need only embrace the change.

<style>
#siriusal1 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siriusal1 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siriusal1 p.alImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#siriusal1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#siriusal1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siriusal1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siriusal1 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siriusal1 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread