These Lands Unknown
[html]
WC: 636 OOC: Replies are getting longer and longer :O

His explanation was exactly like hers except she was on dry land rather than a moving ship and she couldn’t help but smile at the memory of the young man who traveled with her south, though it was brief as he was going further and she grew homesick. They parted on good terms but she missed his company the whole way up.

“You and I are much alike then. Practice is what makes a good archer it feeds us in a way.”

She said. She handled the squirrel delicately, as though she would wake an angry spirit. She was glad he took pride in her own word and she beamed at his flirtatious compliment. Little did the young woman know this motion was probably goading a the man on even in his drunken state. She couldn’t help but giggle a little as his stomach rumbled audibly in hopes to get a bite to eat and soon.

“Yes I cook, I may not be the best cook, but it has been a passion of mine since I was a pup. I think I started out with mud pies though... mind you the kind of pies I make now are far more tastier.”

She said a slight wink. Something she saw a few do. At his offer of catching food she raised her eyebrows and shook her head.

“I am not so sure that is a good idea, you aren’t yourself as I can tell, so maybe I’ll scare something up.”

Of course it being summer the source of food was scarce and tended to be hard to find, but she thought, not impossible. She cleaned the tip of the arrow that caught the squirrel and checked it to see it still had another shot in it and put the squirrel next to the man’s feet. If cooked right it tasted just like any other meat really, and they were a delicacy as they tended to live in the trees and were quite skittish.

“I hope you can manage a fire perhaps?”

She wasn’t sure how drunk he was or if she should have asked that, perhaps he would try to light it and fail, or he would possibly light a fire and it not be on the wood but himself, and she cringed at that last thought, but she moved deeper into the woods hoping it was the first thought. It would occupy him as she moved to see what she could find in the growth just outside of halifax. In fact there was quite a few things, shooting them on the other hand was the difficult part. She did not have to move too far away really as there were plenty of small animals around and a groundhog, just coming from under ground to hunt its own meal came fumbling out of its home was caught by surprise and Eclipse was sure they had a few good animals to eat now and moved back towards Moss seeing some fresh greens she could use to spice up their meal. The bag at her side also had dried herbs and stuff that would help her with cooking, especially a flat pan though she rather cover them in those thick leaves that didn’t burn, but she could not find them and she would have to use her own “portable” stove she had procured in Ichika in which she could not leave behind as it was very useful, if not bulky. It was what made her bag feel the heaviest but these days it felt like nothing to her as she handled it well enough. That was a thought for the situation over where Moss was, and she hoped he didn’t hurt himself.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]

Messages In This Thread