m. it's been a while, but i still feel the same
[html]
Shandom Qi’Vaex-Nightslayer

Word Count → 408 :: MUUUUSE i has it

Of course I came to see you. Had to see if you still looked the same or if you'd gotten crusty like me after your birthday, Shandom grinned at his friend, winking cheekily as his alabaster tail waving eagerly behind him as he looked at her. He seemed the picture of ease and unabashed joy, and the New Dawn Gamma could only idly wonder why he could not find someone like Naniko in his own pack. So many of his pack-mates were mated - in fact, he was in the distinct minority as a bachelor. It made for some uncomfortable nights in the communal den, knowing that he was one of so very few sleeping alone. Nights like those made him miss the Angela and wish that he could wake up, curled around her protectively, and always have her. Shandom kept these tender thoughts to himself for the most part, knowing the danger of his possible feelings. He couldn't leave New Dawn. He'd helped to found the now strong pack, and was a cornerstone of its success (in his opinion, of course). But he couldn't deny that he spent most of his time in New Dawn alone, lonely and slightly sad. Seeing Naniko was a wonderful remedy for that.

She came into his arms and Shandom's smile softened and became slightly more tender as the Gamma held the lovely woman to him. Naniko was only slightly smaller, not quite delicate like so many of the girls he knew, but she fit well in his arms, and he liked her there. His hand came up briefly to brush the back of her hair, and for a moment his head rested on her shoulder and the Gamma allowed himself to shut his eyes for a moment. This woman made him forget about Linquilea - but, then again, that could just be the hormones speaking. I know, he murmured softly, picking his head up after a second and stepping away from the hug before he turned it into something entirely different. The distance between New Dawn and Anathema is too large. I'm not a fan - I miss you, Shandom spoke candidly, the same shy smile curled around his dark lips. How have you been? How was your birthday? I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner - I'm the worst kind of friend! His tone was light, and slightly self deprecating, but the Gamma wasn't entirely serious. He'd hoped that Naniko would understand.

Shandom is by nat; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.shandom-nat-box {text-align:center;}
.shandom-nat {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shandom-nat .lyrics {font-size:30px; font-family:'The Girl Next Door', cursive; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.shandom-nat p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shandom-nat p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shandom-nat .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shandom-nat p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.shandom-nat b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.shandom-nat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.shandom-nat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread