m. it's been a while, but i still feel the same
[html]

Word Count: Yaaaay! Your posts inspire me to write so much <3 Feel free to PP them getting there, if you want to! Hope the weather change is OK >Big Grin

He smelled just as she remembered, and she breathed in deeply as they joined together to hug. Anathema had its own peculiar scent, an earthy smell with overtones of must and fish...and so did New Dawn in its own way. That was especially apparent now; she was so used to the smell of her own lands that his scent stuck out sharply to her sensitive nose. This was not a bad thing, however...she liked the scent and the memories that came with it of their time together in the past. She continued to breathe him in quietly, wanting to take in as much as she could in case he was on some sort of shorter mission and needed to leave.

He confirmed that he was here to stay for at least a little with his first words, and a smile stretched eagerly across her muzzle. When he released her from the hug she had a better chance to really look him over. He looked no worse for the wear since the last time she'd laid eyes on him, and just as handsome as she had remembered. Her heart thudded uncomfortably in her chest for a few moments before she managed to get her emotions back under control. She hadn't been focusing on his words in those moments, her eyes having been traveling every fur-covered contour of his form. Naniko snapped out of her reverie when she realized that he had stopped speaking, and that he'd in fact been asking her a question and saying that he missed her.

It was then that she realized how she must look, without her mane brushed and having just tromped through the woods toward him. She hadn't avoided the bad patches of brambles and seemed to be covered in them now, as well as a bit of dirt. Her fingers went to grasp one as she opened her muzzle to respond to him, tugging it free of her alabaster pelt and tossing it aside. "I missed your company as well. In a pack full of canines I often feel a bit alone...there isn't anyone like you in these lands" He was the one and only Shandom. "My birthday passed without much fuss...Severus figured out when it was and the three youngest had a small party for me. Each one gave me a small gift that they crafted...I've got them back in my den."

At that word, the heavens above lit up with streaks of white arcing over the two canine's heads. She'd been so distracted by the sight of the other that she hadn't noticed the darkening in the clouds overhead. She looked up with surprise for a split second before the rain started, misting her muzzle before she put up her arm to shield herself from it. "I know of a side tunnel we can use to get in! An emergency exit. We'll have to get there fast!" She shivered as a gust of wind swept over the lands, whipping her hair back and forth.

<style>
.kae-razor b {color:#56275E; font-weight:bold; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; }
.kae-razor p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kae-razor {font-family:trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 134px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7daRf.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread