There'd be no distance that could hold us back
[html]
He was comforted by his sister’s words and the sound of her voice. When the words she muttered echoed his own thoughts he forced a small smile through his sadness. This was still the same Savina he had known and loved back home. And she was right. Both Ghita and their mother wouldn’t want him to dwell sadly on their fates for long. Even with this in mind, Ehno knew he would be feeling down for a while yet. With a soft sigh, he closed his eyes and leaned against his sister, content for the moment to simply enjoy her presence there.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence, he opened his eyes and looked out across the lake. “This isn’t how I pictured my day would start when I woke up this morning,” he said with a half-hearted chuckle. That dark voice in his mind perked up at this, telling him again that he shouldn’t have been so naive in believing that everything back home would have stayed perfectly fine. The voice was quickly hushed though, as he remembered his earlier thoughts and his sister’s words. “But I didn’t think I’d ever see you again either, when I first got stranded here,” he continued after a moment. “…How did you wind up here, anyway?” He found it peculiar to run into Savina somewhere so far from home, but he never thought to ask her until now. Maybe this simple change in conversation could help him take a small step towards moving on.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread