A Day Away From Home
[html]

i can't escape the twisted way you think of me
i feel you in my dreams and i don’t sleep

Word Count → 404 || Points → 4 :: Ooc.

Rio continued to try to put the foul tasting root in the owl’s mouth, but he wasn’t having it. He kept his beak tightly shut and kept moving his head away from the root held out by her hand. She became quickly annoyed because she was trying to take the pain away from her companion, but he wouldn’t let her. She quickly explained to the bird the properties of the herb and attempted to feed it to him again. This time the owl didn’t turn away, but he didn’t open his mouth either. He stared at the root as if thinking about it. Rio still held the root a little distance away from the bird’s mouth, and looked up toward Jaden. ”He was attacked by some a—“ She stopped abruptly because the owl bit her finger. He scoffed down the root and waited with his mouth open for more. Rio cut another little piece and dropped it in his mouth, and the process continued.

Rio continued cutting little pieces for the bird, now looking up toward Jaden every few seconds, ”He was attacked by someone from Anathema. Though, there was no trouble, my bird had been injured.” She was annoyed that she couldn’t kill the wolf herself, but she wouldn’t be able to stand a chance anyway. He was way too muscular and even if he did retaliate from her punching him in the face, she wouldn’t have been able to defend herself. She would’ve had to leave her owl there and run until the brute left, which was a shitty plan. She growled lowly to herself thinking of Malakai’s smugness, even though he turned out to be decent after, but he still didn’t apologize for trying to eat her owl.

She padded the ground next to her, ”Sit down.” She more so ordered him, then asked. ”Sorry for leaving you like that. I just wanted to get this as soon as possible.” She didn’t turn her head as she spoke to him; instead, she focused on feeding the root bits to the owl until they were all gone. Then she patted the owl on the head and focused her attention back on Jaden. ”What are you doing all the way out here? Aren’t you a little far from home?” He was a long way from Sangi’lak. Most likely a few days’ time at least and she had never seen him around before.

<style>
.axetxt-2 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 0px; padding:0px 40px 0px 40px; background-image:url(); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top center;}
.axetxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.axetxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.axetxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.axetxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.axetxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread