A Day Away From Home
[html]
Rio Marino
Word Count :: 446 || Points: 3 I PMed you =]

Rio nodded slowly while keeping her eyes on the chipper bird. Acciai was happily picking grass, eating some of it and just leaving some of it. Rio’s periwinkle gaze stayed with him, and she wondered why he would do such a thing. Maybe he was bored or felt awkward between them. Maybe he wanted to leave and this was his way of showing Rio he was stressed. She didn’t understand why the bird wouldn’t just say it to her. She did know low-speech for a reason, not just for a random talent to have.

Her beautiful gaze left the bird to rest on Jaden once more, ”Right. Sorry.” She echoed his words without even noticing doing so; she was stupid to think that he would just come that way only for her. Who would really go so out of their way just to visit her? It was a problem that Rio thought so lowly of herself. It was easy for her to fall into that slump, and harder for her to get out of it. She’s been this way since she was a pup, and she never noticed how wrong it was. She didn’t value herself, and she didn’t think highly of herself either. Sure, she knew self-respect and she wouldn’t let others disrespect her, but she didn’t view herself as anyone important. Meanwhile, everyone was important in their own special way. She just had to find hers.

”This place wasn’t really all that I knew. All that I knew was with my Dad and outside of here. I came back hoping that people had changed and that things had gotten better since I left, but I was disappointed. Everything’s the same, just in a different place. My mother is the same careless bitch as she always had been; just now she’s the leader of a pack. My father, I’ve always loved and never begrudged him, but he’s M.I.A. at the moment. And my siblings are just basically floating around. Nobody’s really changed, except for maybe my sister Lucia.” She had a brief conversation with her returning sister, but it wasn’t informative enough. They were rushed and she didn’t want to keep them waiting. She wanted to talk to her sister again; she wanted to know what was on her mind because she felt that she and Lucia shared the same mindset. ”The change that I chose to create is for the better, if not only for my life, for theirs as well – however it may affect them.” She wasn’t sure how her leave would affect anyone’s life in Anathema, but she was sure that she would find out in time if she was missed or not.

Photo by WyldRaven@Flickr

<style>
.Rineb .words {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Alex Brush'; text-align:left; color:#ffffff; line-height:15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 20px; padding:10px 0px 0px 30px;}
.Rineb p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Rineb b {font-family:georgia; color:#d1c5e4; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Rineb {background-color:#6a4d90; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/989co5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px;}
.Rineb .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:300px; overflow:auto;}
.Rineb .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; width:358px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread