A Day Away From Home
[html]
PGP + 3 Words - 300+

The echo of his own words from Rio wasn't what he expected. It sounded a bit heavier than if she had understood that he was only teasing, like she felt foolish for suggesting he come down so far just to see her. Even if that was the case, he had tried not to be rude about it. But it seemed his teasing had been taken more literally than he wanted it to. He looked away also feeling a little foolish for saying something he thought was a bit insensitive, but the moment was gone. All he could do now was make a note and caution himself from further teasing the woman.

When he looked back and caught her eye, he was taken for a moment by the color he found there. It was something that was difficult not to notice just because of how unique the woman’s gaze was, but he hadn’t truly looked into her eyes yet. He tried not to now. They were only just acquaintances and it might be a little awkward if he suddenly began staring into the woman’s eyes. So he spaced out his analyzing into the trade back and forth of eye contact during her the explanation that followed his statement. They were pretty, but Jaden found himself distracted as he listened to what she had to say too. Rio had some amount of trust in him. It was clear and made him feel a little good about himself. If she hadn’t any, he doubted she would have been so open about her life. I’m sorry to hear about your father but it is good that you have chosen to change your life for the better. I’m sure, with a little bit of my training, you will be able to brave anything that comes for you in your new home. More teasing words thrown carelessly out. He had been hoping to brighten her mood a little and didn’t realize he ran the risk of wounding her again. He also didn’t realize that now might be a perfect time to share a bit about himself to be fair. If he had, the ex-assassin might very well have hastily changed the subject. But he didn’t and instead let his tongue fall silent with a genuine smile.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenland1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#333333; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #500000; }
.jadenland1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenland1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... e440px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #500000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#500000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenland1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenland1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread