A Day Away From Home
[html]
Word Count :: 300+ || Points: 3 Sorry that this is SO dam romantic. I just had to use my smexy new table Big Grin

Because the question had been unforeseen it caught Jaden off guard. His past had been something that was difficult to explain. Ever since giving up the life of a killer he felt that telling people of the things he’d done might tarnish his reputation. Not everyone reacted to learning someone they knew had once been a dedicated exterminator of sentient beings. But for the first time after being asked about his past, Jaden realized he’d spent enough time away from his birth place that he didn’t need to delve so far back without finding a reasonable answer to “what were you before”. He could easily get away with providing part of the truth and still hiding his nature…

I chose to become a leader because I was asked to do so by my closes friend. But before that, I was a loner… he could have stopped there and wrapped up with a “and it was boring” comment of some sort but didn’t. This was something he needed to face. He wanted his pack mates and close friends to understand who he was and trust him, even if they trusted something they would have once fought or run from. He couldn’t leave his past a guess for those he cared about. Rio would be practice. He liked the woman and knew she was likely kind hearted enough not to cast him out for his mistakes. And even if she did, she wasn’t someone he would ultimately have to deal with every single day.

So he continued, and before I was a loner I was part of Ichika no-Hoen. I had to leave them though… because of my nature… because of how I was raised and what I am trained to do… Though he had committed the words were still hard to find. This would be the first time he had just willingly given up his roots when asked. Before I became who I am now I was something terrible… he sat forward from his relaxed position as discomfort claimed him. His legs fell crossed and he folded his hands. Honest blue eyes found Rio and he watched her for a reaction, watched to see if she was interested in him any further or if he had given her more than she wanted already.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style>
.Jarose p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Jarose b {font-family:georgia; color:#002241; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Jarose {background-color:#000c18; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#00000a; line-height:12px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/2nrpshl.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:290px 0px 5px 0px;}
.Jarose .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:300px; overflow:auto;}
.Jarose .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread