A Day Away From Home
[html]
Rio Marino
Word Count :: 000 || Points: 0 Ooc.

Rio listened intently to the man’s story, but when he explained that he once killed for a living it left an uneasy feeling within Rio. It wasn’t that she thought every wolf she met was a saint like her, but she didn’t expect it from the calm-looking Jaden. ”Oh!” Her eyes left his awkwardly and she looked somewhere else for a few seconds. Everything became silent when he finished his story. She was thinking.

She wouldn’t cast him out; everyone had their dark pasts and secrets, and she was slightly honored that he would share his with her. Her eyes slowly began to return towards him, but ever so slowly. A million thoughts raced through her mind in those few seconds. She was trying not to judge him because he didn’t deserve it. He had been nothing but good to her since they’d met, and he didn’t even know her that well. If he had been mean and malicious to her, then maybe she would have been quick to judge him. Her eyes returned to her lap and she played with a few strands of grass, ”I don’t blame you. Everyone has their dark past and secrets that they really don’t want anyone to know…” She continued plucking strands of grass from the ground by her crossed leg. ”I don’t judge you. I have a few secrets of my own that I wouldn’t want to share with just anyone. I feel honored that you would share this with me, though.” Rio kept her gaze on the ground, and once she felt better about it, she looked up into his eyes with her beautiful periwinkle gaze. Her eyes were so innocent, like nothing malicious had ever touched her – but she was good at hiding her secrets, even though they morphed her into a lonely soul that doubted herself. The fact that bad things had been done to her before had her mind occasionally soaring back into the past to dwell on the certain things that troubled her even to the present day.

A single tear spilled over her left eyelid, and she looked away from him again. His past reminded her so much of her own. ”If I had the intent to kill like you did, I would’ve killed my brother after what he did to me.” She did come back with enough rage to do just that, but someone had beat her to it. She was so disappointed to find that he was dead already.

Photo by WyldRaven@Flickr

<style>
.Rineb .words {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Alex Brush'; text-align:left; color:#ffffff; line-height:15px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 20px; padding:10px 0px 0px 30px;}
.Rineb p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Rineb b {font-family:georgia; color:#d1c5e4; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Rineb {background-color:#6a4d90; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:520px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/989co5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px;}
.Rineb .inner {margin:5px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; height:300px; overflow:auto;}
.Rineb .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px double #190a24; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; width:358px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread