school of mules
[html]
Word Count :: 315 It's cool! I was on vacation anyway, and I never mind a wait as long as it isn't a month or something. xD

Skoll could hear sadness echoing in the other’s tone, and he dipped his muzzle slightly in conclusion of that topic, staring at his feet in a very un-prince-like fashion. He still didn’t quite know the reason why Crimson Dreams had disbanded, but he knew there was no point in wishing that it had returned. At least there were plenty of other neighbors they had good relations with, such as the merchant pack he’d visited, and the warrior one where his friend came from. All he could hope for was that Alder’s family was safe and sound and dry, wherever they were.

“I think…” the blonde boy said slowly and carefully, “I think they know they can come here. Like, if they need it, the Kingdom will welcome them, so I think they’re okay if they can take care of themselves out there.” He was half trying to convince himself, but hopefully it would make the Sadira feel better, too.

Hwin slowly began to slow down, pretty lathered herself from the galloping, when she noticed that Silvano had come to collect the colt. She stopped in front of the young horse and reached over, nipping at his chestnut mane playfully, before prancing over to Skoll with a cocky toss of her head. He had to grin, only because she was generally down-to-earth, but he guessed she got her kicks from picking on younglings anyway. He gestured for her to come closer and rubbed her muzzle with a smile before tilting his head at the knight’s question.

“I’m not really training her in anything, really,” Skoll admitted. “I mean, she knows how to pull a cart already, and other than working on riding her I haven’t done very much. I don’t think she’s like, the warhorse type, if that’s what you mean.” He hesitated then ventured to ask, “Do you think I should train her in something?”

I will beat the odds;
I can go the distance.
I will face the world:
fearless, proud and strong.
I will please the gods;
I can go the distance,
till I find my hero's welcome,
right where I belong.

Image courtesy of Stuck in Customs

<style>
.GR2_SkollH2 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_SkollH2 b {font-family:garamond; color:#494d68; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_SkollH2 {background-color:#827d69; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#322f2a; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xycrR.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #494d68; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_SkollH2 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Zu6hJ.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #494d68; }
.GR2_SkollH2 .name {text-align:right; font-family:Almendra SC; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_SkollH2 .lyrics {color:#d0dadf; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.GR2_SkollH2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #090c19; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread