school of mules
[html]
Word Count :: 302

Skoll did not have the horsemanship skills that other luperci were blessed with. He loved Hwin very much, and he enjoyed the feel of their muscles working together when she galloped across the hills, but he simply didn't see himself training her to do much more than that or care for any horse besides her. He was not Alder -- and he was not even Hati, who seemed to want to follow in the Marshall's footsteps; a fact that the sun prince resented, although he tried to hide it. As these thoughts crossed his mind, his green eyes darkened, but his visage was not accustomed to holding a scowl for very long.

He especially couldn't be upset when he saw huffy Heritage. He grinned and shot a look at Hwin, just as he might glance cheekily at another canine, but the horse was content to stand and pretend that the colt didn't even exist. He hoped that didn't come back to bite her later.

"Yeah, Hwin is just a riding companion," Skoll said, glad to be able to put it into words. "I think she could take care of herself if there was trouble though," he added, because mostly he wanted it to be true. He couldn't see himself riding the mare in battle, as he'd said, but he didn't want her to become "dead flesh" just because she wasn't war-trained. He guessed she'd figure some way to stay out of trouble, though.

"What about you?" the boy blurted suddenly, his tail curling and wiggling back and forth. He realized this statement made little sense and clarified quickly, not missing a beat. "I mean, do you know how to fight? You look like you do. That's what I want to learn, myself. I want to be a soldier and protect the pack."

I will beat the odds;
I can go the distance.
I will face the world:
fearless, proud and strong.
I will please the gods;
I can go the distance,
till I find my hero's welcome,
right where I belong.

Image courtesy of Stuck in Customs

<style>
.GR2_SkollH2 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_SkollH2 b {font-family:garamond; color:#494d68; font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_SkollH2 {background-color:#827d69; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#322f2a; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/xycrR.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #494d68; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_SkollH2 .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Zu6hJ.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #494d68; }
.GR2_SkollH2 .name {text-align:right; font-family:Almendra SC; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_SkollH2 .lyrics {color:#d0dadf; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; }
.GR2_SkollH2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #090c19; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread