Hearts and Hooves
[html]

Ahh my post lengths are really inconsistent, don't ever fret about matching them. xD You'll make me look bad. Also I was jealous of your pretty horse table so I made one for me??

Word Count → 428

Hati slowly caught his breath, rubbing the ache in his shoulder he earned from carrying the bucket uphill. He needed to toughen up if he wanted to be of use around the horses; they were all so large, and the chores required strength to complete adequately. The time he spent reading his books was not doing his body any favors, even if it helped him hone his knowledge of the animals. He did not want Alder to see him as a child. He blinked in surprise, noticing one horse heading straight for the trough. The wolfdog edged subtly to one side, giving the young stallion ample space to take his drink. The chestnut horse seemed worn out, though recently groomed, so the dark sweat did not stain his hide as some of the other horses in the pasture were showing. Hesitantly, Hati reached out his hand, attempting to pat the sorrel colt on the neck, something he had learned on Hawthorn.

It was then the colt's trainer addressed him, surprising him from his respite. Hati stared at the dark-mottled wolf standing head and shoulders taller than him. For once, his sharp mind drew a blank; he did not know the male's name, and memorizing the names and ranks of his packmates was something the studious prince took pride in. That meant the male was a newer member, one who kept to himself... could he be one of the refugees from the disbandment of the Crimson Dreams pack? Yes, Lottie had been with their father when he accepted several of their allies last month, and she had been overjoyed to share the story of the charismatic young couple and their handsome horse. Alas, the name was beyond his powers of recollection, and he had to admit defeat despite how close he had gotten.

Straightening his posture, Hati attempted to look presentable, quickly brushing the stable dust from his midnight fur. "Ah... yes, the water trough is almost empty, and the stablemaster is out. I was just trying to help, but the bucket was heavier than I expected..." His excuse sounded weak in even his ears, and he frowned, pale eyes registering disdain. He shouldn't ask someone he had never met before for help with a simple chore, regardless of how muscular they may be. "My name is Hati Catori, son of the king Vigilante Haskel. I believe you met my sister Charlotte, but she didn't happen to mention your name..." He extended his hand in greeting the way he had been taught, hoping he could salvage his first impression.

<style>
.hati {background-image:url(http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... ntable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9B8C7B; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:270px 0px 5px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:2px solid #FFFFFF;}
.hati b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.hati p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hati p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hati .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #FFFFFF; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
CSS inspired by Cait and Raze! Stock photo credit: http://slime-stock.deviantart.com/

[/html]

Messages In This Thread