Hearts and Hooves
[html]

Of course, Alli makes all my favorite tables! xD

Word Count → 428

The horse allowed Hati to touch him, his hide warm from the sun and the physical exertion he must have completed. Hati quietly marveled at the thick muscles rippling beneath the skin as the colt drank, petting him gingerly until he pulled back. The horse whinnied, a loud sound when he was so close, causing Hati to flinch a little. It was obvious the young wolfdog did not have a lot of hands-on experience with equines, though just as obvious that he loved being around them.

The older male accepted his handshake, his grip firm and friendly. Hati felt a small inward sigh of relief now that his introduction had been accepted, though his formal demeanor remained. "Avec plaisir, Silvano. I trust the Court has been treating you and your mate well? Lottie was far too busy telling me all about your noble steed to mention much else. I see she wasn't exaggerating, he is quite majestic." All three littermates loved horses, a byproduct of growing up in the Court where their stables were a source of pride. Nearly all of their members knew how to ride, and it seemed more common for them each to own their own mount than it was not to. Skoll had his own mare already, but Hati and Charlotte were still waiting. Hati smiled in admiration of Silvano's mount, jumping a little when the horse suddenly stamped his hoof down, and assumed a very demanding pose. The youth stepped quickly to Silvano's side, not wanting to incite the colt's temper by his proximity.

"I don't want the herd to get dehydrated. Erm, if you don't mind, some assistance would make the job go faster... There are more buckets inside the barn, and we can walk down the hill to the river and carry it back. I was just taking a little break," he added, setting his ears back apprehensively. He didn't want to seem lazy, asking his packmate to work when he was lounging around doing nothing. He quickly grabbed the bucket from where it was resting in the grass, darting to the paddock gate and hoping the dark-furred male would follow him. Taking charge was distressing to Hati, but he was trying to become more assertive as he grew into adulthood. Silvano was new to the pack, which meant he did not see Hati as a pup like many of the long term residents did. It was a chance for him to step up and show his maturity, even if the moment had already been sullied by his need for help.

<style>
.hati {background-image:url(http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... ntable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9B8C7B; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:270px 0px 5px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:2px solid #FFFFFF;}
.hati b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.hati p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hati p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hati .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #FFFFFF; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
CSS inspired by Cait and Raze! Stock photo credit: slime-stock@deviantart

[/html]

Messages In This Thread