Hearts and Hooves
[html]
I decided i needed a new table hehe
wordcount ► 545

Silvano put on a brave smile, though in his heart he truly missed his family. His mother's wisdom and strength, his father's support, his sisters' love. He missed it all, but there was nothing to do. He would not go to Italy with Giselle, especially with her pregnant. The journey might kill her, or the children, especially if she delivered on the ship. That was no place to begin a family. No, if they ever left, it would be after the children had grown older and stronger and could survive a voyage to the European continent. "Oh, it's alright. I'm glad to have a place to go to, especially one just as strong as home. Plenty of new family to make here," he said, optimistic. Granted, he also spoke of the pups on the way that would begin his own family. His mother as his guide, he could not fail. Silvano bobbed his head at the young man's kindness, smiling gratefully at him. "Thank you, I'll certainly take you up on that offer one day."

Between the two of them, it definitely wouldn't take long at all. But the pond was still a good idea. "Alder? You mean Anu's son? He's the Marshall?" he asked, turning to the younger male in surprise. Alder was younger than him and he had established himself so well in the Court. Hopefully Alder would remember the ties they might have once shared when he gave him his idea for a pond. Alder might appreciate it, and Silvano would be happy to find himself a 'cousin' of sorts in the Kingdom. "I haven't spoken with him in so long," he mused, rather quietly. He had entirely forgotten that one of Anu's sons remained here. How could he forget something like this? Foolish, he was.

The youth dipped his bucket into the river, and Silvano joined him. He stepped into the cool water and bent over carefully. He was far too tall to crouch by the water's side, but he dipped both buckets into the water, letting the liquid lap into the metal container. The water splashed onto his fingers and he smiled as he pulled up the sloshing water, two heavy pails in his arms. "It's.. an interesting story," he began, heading back up to the pasture, careful to keep the water in the buckets. "He was born during the blizzard last year, so he's a pretty special guy. And he knows it too, smarmy bastard," he said, shaking his head at his colt's brashness.

"But I wanted a horse like my father's and he took me to the Tribe. We met with Liliana, who was in charge of the horses. She offered the horse, and I accepted." Silvano's eyes grew dark as he entered the paddock gate, and poured the first of his buckets into the trough. Heritage gazed silently at his master before turning to the water. "Then the war came, Liliana's family came here and Heritage came with. Then Liliana .. had an accident and this guy was left to my care." Silvano patted the horse's nose, feeling a little sad for the loss of such a great horsewoman.

Photo taken by Luana. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.silv_01 {padding:5px 0px 115px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TNRWU.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #b8d7d3; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.silv_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 4px 0px 4px;text-align:justify;}
.silv_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #51704f; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.silv_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#51704f; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.silv_01 .wc {color:#51704f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.silv_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#1b5c28;}
.silv_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1b5921;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread