Hearts and Hooves
[html]

That was no wait at all! xD Silly~

Word Count → 411

"You're older than him..." Hati mused, mildly surprised. Silvano was tall and hard-muscled, clearly looking the part of a fit and competent adult. It wasn't that he seemed younger, it was just that Alder seemed older than he really was; he cast such an air of maturity and patience, it was as though he had a wise old soul. Again Hati was reminded that he did not know much about his packmates past their names and ranks, which was not such useful information when it came to meeting them face to face. "Does that mean you played together when you were little?" he asked with a wave of his tail, intent on learning more about the former Dreamers. "How long has it been since you last saw each other?"

Heritage seemed to take part in the conversation, nudging against his wolf partner before lowering his head to drink. Hati smiled at the colt, pleased to see the results of their labor paying off already. The stamping of the hooves, the agitated whinnying, it had already dissipated. "I... I suppose I could ask Father... if he's not too busy," he said softly, ears falling back. It was hard to approach the King. He and his father were both private, solemn creatures, and things were very formal between them. Perhaps later, once he was confident in his ability to ride and care for a horse, then he would be able to ask for that favor.

Silvano posed a question he had not really considered before: what would he do once he found his horse? He wanted one so much, and yet he had not planned much of anything. It did not take him long to find the answer, though. He scooped up his emptied bucket and began the trek again. The chores were more fun with someone to talk to. "I'd spend all my time with that horse, until we were best friends," he said sincerely. It wasn't transportation or entertainment he wanted, it was the bond of a companion animal. Niro and his golden eagle had that bond, as did Alder and his shire stallion. Hati had never been that close to anyone -- perhaps his mother, but he could feel her subtly pushing him to stand on his own as he grew older. He did not have a first crush yet, or anyone he felt close enough to confide in, but he knew a horse would fill that void for him.

<style>
.hati {background-image:url(http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... ntable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9B8C7B; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:270px 0px 5px 0px; color:#000000; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:2px solid #FFFFFF;}
.hati b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.hati p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.hati p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hati .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #FFFFFF; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
CSS inspired by Cait and Raze! Stock photo credit: slime-stock@deviantart

[/html]

Messages In This Thread