Bow Shots
[html] <style type="text/css">
.awfrodo-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.awfrodo {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#FFF3CD url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _Frodo.jpg) no-repeat bottom;width:90%;max-width:640px;min-width:490px;color:#000;border:1px solid #91787B }
.awfrodo .name {font-family: 'Quattrocento', cursive;color:#4F2950;font-size:50px;padding:20px 0 0 10px;line-height:40px;text-shadow:#F7E3D5 1px 1px 6px;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .lyrics {font-family:arial;text-transform:uppercase;color:#723004;margin:0;padding:0;text-align:center;}
.awfrodo .in {margin:5px 10px 160px 10px; padding:7px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;background:url(http://aniwaya.soulsrpg.com/public/imag ... _white.png);border-radius:5px;-moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px;}
.awfrodo p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;text-shadow:#FFF3CD 1px 1px 1px}
.awfrodo b {color:#602949;font-family:georgia;}
.awfrodo-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

471+ />//w//<
Frodo Silvertongue
Test my reality Check if there's a weak spot
Clingin' to insanity In hopes the world will ease up

Frodo mused Eclipse's words gently in his mind. He wasn't sure what to make of them...he'd always called God a 'he', but he'd never actually stopped to think about his actual gender. I ent sure...I think... I think tha' God hasn't a gender. he explained, though he didn't feel very wise as he said so. He felt as if something was missing from his knowledge but he didn't delve any deeper in fear of questioning something he had always thought to be right. He was quite happily distracted to see Eclipse take the bow from his hands, and he stepped back to watch her test the strings, pulling them back and snapping the arrow right at the tree. It landed more accurately than he would have expected for an unfamiliar bow, and this brought a proud smile onto his features. I made it, clogs an' wood an' all. he said rather bashfully, reaching to pull some stray fur out of his eyes. He felt rather shy telling her this, it was almost as if he was afraid of getting any compliments.

He took the bow back with a hesitant smile and again took the string in paw and knocked another arrow in place, letting it fly right into the bark once again. It struck near enough the same place his first one was, yet that was no surprise considering how used to the bow he was. He handed it Eclipse again, with three arrows for her to use this time. The trick with my bow is that the string is very loose... yer get the best effects if yer gently as she goes. he commented, his arms falling awkwardly to his sides to give her some space to try again. He wanted to watch her more closely this time, so his green eyes squinted slightly, to focus on her hands, their position on the wood and the string, if her fingers were in the correct place. He didn't really think of himself as an expert, but the truth was, he'd been learning the bow for an awfully long time, so he knew a lot of things about it.

As he watched her, his mind wavered to his children, and to how their experience would be when he would eventually teach them how to use a bow. This was simply teaching someone how to use /his/ bow, for Eclipse to learn different techniques, but he figured it would be even more exciting to teach a complete amateur. Just as it was ever so fun to bring Nate along on that hunt a few weeks back. He was pretty sure his children had an enthusiasm for learning by this point; Payne had been a little hesitant and shy in her first weeks, but by now she was starting to finally open up.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread