The road to sky dancing
[html]
Emo kid meet bubbly cheerleader! Word Count :: 400+

She was looking this way while he was going that way, but luckily her vivid coloration caught his attention and Strelein stopped and said something. Jumping slightly, she spun around and much to her surprise it seemed she had actually found who she was looking for! Her face lit up, a wide smile brimming her muzzle as she hurried over to him. She remembered Strel not only from when she lived in the Court before, when she wasn’t even a year old yet, but also when she and Niro had returned to the pack he was the one who was there to meet them and was the first to approve their readmittance into the pack.

“Oh yes! How funny, I was just looking for you,” she said, although why it was funny-strange that she had found the person she was looking for was a little unclear. Suddenly she was not sure where to start, but Orin never had a problem finding a lot of words anyway. “I remember that you… I found this book,” she held up the book right in front of Strel’s nose, “It’s all about acrobats and stuff. Some of the things are so pretty! Do you sew? I thought you did. Somebody said you did. Did you say you did? Anyway, the acrobats do all sorts of neat tricks,” she opened the book to a random page and started pointing all willy nilly at photographs of humans. The more she talked, the more excited she became and the more extravagant her gestures. “There’s a costume shop in Lunenburg, but it doesn’t have long enough fabric, I don’t think. Or maybe it does. I don’t know. I don’t know what we need. Look at that one, woah! What do you think?”

She looked at him, as though expecting an answer; too bad she hadn’t actually asked him a clear question. After a moment of pause, she looked back at the book and realized she wasn’t on the page that she should be, photographs of tight rope walkers were not going to help her. At most, she might as well have been asking about costumes, but that wasn’t it at all.

“Oh! No, I mean this,” she flipped to a page she had dog eared earlier, smoothed out the folded corner, and held it out for him to see. The heading read Aerial Silk Acrobatics. That’s what I want to do.” Maybe, by process of elimination, he could figure out what she was asking. Or if the woman would just calm the heck down for one minute she could form a concise request… but let’s face it, this was Orin, and of all the phrases in her vocabulary, calm down was not one of them.

Photo courtesy of Alaskan Dude

<style>
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#c30228; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 {background-color:#faede5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6778/orinpink.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:362px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_OrinPink1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread