[m] I'll gladly pay you Tuesday
[html]

500+

He was bent over the stream lapping water when the others approached. They had experience as well as the element of surprise on their side so it was in Scorpius's favor that they did not have knavish plans this afternoon, for they might have been able to steal up right behind him. The sound of the meandering brook was all he heard until the shady male spoke, his voice catching Scorpius off guard and making his one and a half ears perk up in alarm. His eyes followed, and his vision focused on the man and the coyote woman that stood behind him. Some might have been tense in that moment, and Scorpius was, but he doubted they planned to attack because they had broken their cover. He knew them not, but he did not take the older wolf to be a fool.

...that, or they had some kind of game in mind and others waiting in the brush. Scorpius glanced around, managing to look calm despite the potential threat, and despite the small note of surprise from the couple's sudden appearance. It was annoying to say the least, but at least that was the worst of it.

“A man like you looks like he should know when a wolf is getting a drink,” he said, less sarcastic and more casual than one might expect. The others were walking over to the stream now, and had they come much closer to him he might have tensed and moved away, but they only seemed interested in the same thing he was. His tongue lapped out of his mouth to lick up the last few stray beads of water that had collected on his muzzle.

“Might ask you the same questions,” he replied as he shifted so he was no longer crouching, now he was sitting on the ground. He wondered for a moment if they would try to steal his bags... a funny thought, he half hoped they did so they could run off with a purse full of sticks. “But as for me...”

His voice trailed off, because when he looked up from the drinking man his ruby eyes fell upon the vision of the coyote woman, now standing and looking at him. He stared right back for a moment, his bloody gaze matching her amethyst eyes, his face – or the half that wasn't shrouded by the skull mask – softening as he watched her. He might have decided to just dry his hands and be off, but something about her held him there. “...but as for me, I live around here, yes. East.” He waved in the direction of Anathema, but did not bother to declare his pack. Scorpius assumed everyone knew that Anathema's outermost borders were just a mile or two out.

“How about you?” He asked, his eyes finally turning back to the fellow dark pelted man. “I haven't seen you before, typically others don't settle so close to pack lands. I'm guessing you and your... mate... aren't from around here?”

Photo courtesy of Alessandro Pinna

<style>
.KMTT24611_ScorFire2 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_ScorFire2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#fbc359; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_ScorFire2 {background-color:#8a253c; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/69/scorpiusk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:331px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_ScorFire2 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_ScorFire2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread